Options for Air Conditioning Installation in Tucson, AZ
There are a variety of air conditioning options for homeowners and you should consider many of them when it comes time for you to get air conditioning installation in Tucson, AZ.
- Central AC – The most common air conditioning system in homes is the central AC configuration. This is also called a “split” system because of the use of two separate units: one inside and one outside.
- Heat pumps – Another common HVAC system is the heat pump. These operate exactly like central air conditioning systems except with one major difference: they can also provide heating. Heat pumps are able to reverse their operation so that they can absorb heat from the outdoor air and deliver it into your home.
- Packaged air conditioners – Package air systems combine heating and air conditioning systems in one unit. While heat pumps are similar in that they can produce both heating and cooling, package systems typically use an air conditioner and a furnace of some kind.
- Ductless mini splits – Ductless systems offer homeowners several advantages including increased efficiency because of the lack of ducts as well as zone control. Ductless mini split systems use wall-mounted units in each room or zone of the house that can be adjusted individually of each other. These are great for homes that don’t have space for ducts.
- Evaporative coolers – Also called swamp coolers, evaporative coolers provide cooling without the use of a compressed refrigerant which is the case with traditional systems. Instead, just as sweat evaporating off your skin cools you down, swamp coolers use evaporating water to provide cooling. They work especially well in dry climates like Arizona.
If you have any questions about which air conditioning system would be right for your home call the experts at Goettl Good Guys. We offer a large range of products and can help you get terrific air conditioning installation in Tucson, AZ.