We obviously live in a dry climate, and that can lead to some problems in your home. While running a heater in the winter won’t actively dry out the air further the way that running your AC in the summer can, the air outside is typically drier in the winter than it is in the summer season to begin with. To avoid problems with very dry air in your home, we recommend using a whole-house humidifier in Tucson, AZ.
Yes, some people try to get by with portable humidifiers. However, they wind up having to refill tanks and move those humidifiers around frequently if they’re really trying to improve humidity throughout the entire house. A whole-house humidifier is a far more effective and convenient way in which to resolve problems such as those listed below.
- Cracked, dry skin is likely to develop if you are surrounding yourself with very dry air in your home. Dry skin can be very itchy and splits easily.
- Aggravated allergy and asthma symptoms are also possible. Dry air will dry out your nose and throat, making you more susceptible to such issues.
- Splitting wooden floorboards and furniture, as well as chipping paint, is common with very dry air.
- Increased frequency and severity of static shocks. not only is this painful and annoying, but can also put sensitive electronics at risk.
- Frequent bloody noses, as your nasal passages dry out.
- Trouble with effective heating, as dry air doesn’t hold heat as well as adequately humid air.
As you can see, very dry air is more of a problem than many homeowners realize. A whole-house humidifier is far and away the easiest, most effective, and most efficient method of avoiding these problems. Just remember that whole-house humidifiers do need a professional installation and subsequent services.
Schedule your IAQ services with the pros here at Goettl Air Conditioning.