When you think of living comfortably in your home, you probably think first and foremost of your air conditioning system. This is totally understandable, considering just how hot our summer days can get in this part of the country. However, you should also remember that there is more to comfort than temperature alone. If you have subpar indoor air quality in your home, for instance, you are not going to live in the comfortable environment that you deserve. Worse yet, you won’t be able to live in a healthful environment!
The problem with resolving indoor air quality issues is the fact that there are just so many potential issues that may develop. There are a lot of different factors that may negatively influence the indoor air quality in your home. If you are struggling to breathe clean, pure air in your living space, be sure to schedule service with the Las Vegas, NV indoor air quality specialists on our team. We’ll make sure that you have the right systems in place to get your air quality back on track.
So What Causes Subpar Indoor Air Quality?
If there were any single solution to resolving indoor air quality problems, then we’d all be living in homes filled with high quality air. This just is not the case, though. There are a lot of different causes of indoor air quality issues, and many of them are beyond the homeowner’s control. However, there are also various issues which can be resolved by the homeowner.
- Vacuum and dust more frequently. If you’re having trouble with airborne pollutants in your home, then you may want to start cleaning more frequently. It’s a very simple solution to indoor air quality issues. The less dust and dirt that is in your home to begin with, the less of it there is to go airborne.
- Send smokers outside. If anyone in your home smokes, then you may want to ask them to do so only outdoors. There are a number of byproducts in tobacco smoke, and smoking in the home, even infrequently, is going to negatively affect the quality of the air in your home.
Other Causes Beyond Your Control
While some indoor air qulaity problems can be resolved by changing your habits, others are not going to be solved at all. Certain issues that are beyond your control can result in subpar indoor air quality, including the following.
- Proximity to major roadways and construction sites. If you are near such sites, the pollutants that they kick up can easily drag down the quality of the air in your home.
- Pets. Sure, it is up to you if you have a pet. However, chances are that you are not going to get rid of a pet just because your indoor air quality is slipping. If this is the case, then you are going to have to find solutions to deal with the fur and dander that your pet leaves throughout your home.
- Humidity levels. Your home is not going to have the exact same humidity levels as the area surrounding it. There are a number of factors, such as air tightness, that will affect the overall humidity levels in your home. With the right humidity controls in place, you can overcome these issues.
Schedule your IAQ services with the pros at Goettl Air Conditioning.