Determining the right sized air conditioner for a home is a job you need to leave to installation specialists. Don’t attempt to guess the size of the system for your new air conditioning installation in Catalina, AZ: call for the professionals at Goettl Good Guys Air Conditioning and let them take care of the work. They will make sure you receive the ideal new AC to keep you cool any time of the year.
The heat load calculation
The process of finding out the amount of cooling (in tons) that an air conditioner must provide to maintain a comfortable temperature in a home is called the heat load calculation. This is a complex process that collates data from around the house in order to assess how much heat the building loses and gains. Using this information, technicians can narrow down the right size AC to do the job of cooling the space down.
Here are some of the factors that go into a heat load calculation:
- Volume of space to cool. Square footage isn’t enough to tell the cooling load a house needs: the technicians must know the volume of each of the rooms.
- Number of windows and their facing. One of the major places where heat enters a home is through direct sunlight on the windows. Technicians will account for the number of windows in a house and how much sunlight they receive on average during the day.
- Heat generated from other appliances. Another major source of heat in a home comes from within: appliances like stoves, ovens, refrigerators, and monitors.
- Number of people in the house. The residents of a house also generate heat, so the heat load calculation must take them into account as well.
- Insulation. The better insulation a home has—especially in the attic—the better it prevents outside heat from entering and raising the temperature.
Call Goettl Good Guys Air Conditioning for your installation
Contact us for your next air conditioning installation in Catalina, AZ. We will take care of the heat load calculation so that you will have the right sized AC for your home.