As soon as you hear the word “comfort,” your mind probably jumps right to your air conditioning system. We live in one of the hottest areas of the country, after all, so your home cooling system definitely plays a vital role in keeping you comfortable throughout the much of the year. Secondly, you may think of your heater. It’s used far less, of course, but is still important. If you are only thinking of temperature control when it comes to your home comfort, however, you are making a major oversight.
The quality of the air in your home must also be taken into serious consideration. Unfortunately, it frequently is not in many homes. There are many reasons as to why your indoor air quality may suffer. Here are a few examples, as well as some suggestions for boosting your indoor air quality in Phoenix, AZ.
- Pollutants from outdoors can make their way into your home, aggravating allergy and asthma symptoms. Plant matter is a common cause of such issues, along with grass clippings, etc.
- Do you live near a busy roadway? If so, the dust and dirt from a heavily traveled road could definitely lead to problems with reduced indoor air quality. You don’t want to have to keep your windows shut on a nice day to avoid the problem.
- Are you in a rapidly developing area? Are there new buildings being constructed near your home? The construction process can definitely take a toll on the air quality surrounding your home, and that can lead to issues indoors.
- General cleanliness is a major factor, as well. If you don’t keep up with vacuuming and sweeping, for instance, settled dust and dirt can be sent airborne with the basic day to day activities in your home.
- We all love our pets, but the fact of the matter is that your dog or cat could be one of the driving forces behind your low indoor air quality. From shedding fur to dander and more, pets really can drag down air quality.
So What Can I Do?
Obviously we are not going to tell you that you need to pull up your roots and move away from major roadways or wooded areas. We certainly wouldn’t suggest giving up beloved pets to avoid allergens in your home. So what can you do about it?
Simple, really. Just give us a call! Our indoor air quality specialists can outfit your home with the systems that you need in order to boost the quality of the air that you breathe. Just remember that no system is a cure-all solution. You may need a multi-pronged approach to really get the job done.
- Air Cleaners can be used in order to remove pollutants from the air in a more proactive way than basic air filtration. Electronic air cleaners can trap pollutants that may otherwise pass through filters.
- UV Germicidal Lights can be used in order to deal with biological pollutants. These are pollutants that are living microorganisms, capable of reproducing. Destroying them is necessary.
- Duct Cleaning is a service, not a system. Our technicians can thoroughly clean out your ducts in order to ensure that they are not distributing pollutants and allergens throughout your home.
Schedule your IAQ services with Goettl Air Conditioning.