Tuesday, May 30th, 2017
Tuesday, May 30th, 2017
When you think about “comfort” during summer months in the Valley, your mind probably jumps right to your air conditioning system. We live in one of the hottest areas of the country, after all, so your home cooling system plays a vital role in keeping you comfortable throughout the much of the year. Secondly, you may think of your heater. It’s used far less, of course, but is still important. If you are only thinking of temperature control when it comes to your home comfort, however, you are making a major oversight.
The quality of the air in your home must also be taken into serious consideration. Unfortunately, it frequently is not in many homes. There are many reasons as to why your indoor air quality may suffer. In recognition of May being Allergy Awareness Month, here are a few examples, as well as some suggestions, for boosting your indoor air quality.
1. Pollutants from outdoors can make their way into your home, aggravating allergy and asthma symptoms. Plant matter is a common cause of such issues, along with grass clippings, etc.
2. Do you live near a busy roadway? If so, the dust and dirt from a heavily traveled road could lead to problems with reduced indoor air quality. You don’t want to have to keep your windows shut on a nice day to avoid the problem.
3. Are you in a rapidly developing area? Are there new buildings being constructed near your home? The construction process can take a toll on the air quality surrounding your home, and that can lead to issues indoors.
4. General cleanliness is a major factor, as well. If you don’t keep up with vacuuming and sweeping, for instance, settled dust and dirt can be sent airborne with the basic day to day activities in your home.
5. We all love our pets, but the fact of the matter is that your dog or cat could be one of the driving forces behind your low indoor air quality. From shedding fur to dander and more, pets can drag down air quality.
Obviously, we are not going to tell you that you need to pull up your roots and move away from major roadways or wooded areas. We certainly wouldn’t suggest giving up beloved pets to avoid allergens in your home. So, what can you do about it?
It’s simple, really. Call indoor air quality specialists that can outfit your home with the systems that you need to boost the quality of the air that you breathe. Just remember that no system is a cure-all solution. You may need a multi-pronged approach to get the job done.
Possible steps could include:
1. Air cleaners can be used to remove pollutants from the air in a more proactive way than basic air filtration. Electronic air cleaners can trap pollutants that may otherwise pass through filters.
2. UV germicidal lights can be used to deal with biological pollutants. These are pollutants that are living microorganisms, capable of reproducing. Destroying them is necessary.
3. Duct cleaning is a service, not a system. Technicians can thoroughly clean out your ducts to ensure that they are not distributing pollutants and allergens throughout your home.
Ken Goodrich is the president and CEO of Goettl Air Conditioning, a company that operates in Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tucson.
Friday, May 12th, 2017
Name: Dan Bonner
Title: Vice President at Goettl Air Conditioning & Sunny Plumber
Kids: 2 daughters Samantha and Emily, and my son Zack
My day is like…
getting through a significant day of work, then ending it with my family.
I was born…
in Philadelphia, let’s go E-A- G-L- E-S!
My favorite thing about Arizona…
is the weather. No more daily rain, raking, shoveling, wind hurting my face, dressing in a dozen layers just to run a quick errand, etc.
I’m listening to…
our newly adopted puppy squeaking his new toy. He is making sure that is all anyone can hear at the moment, a payback gift from mom, it contains 5 squeakers.
One thing I cannot live without…
is my coffee in the morning. I need to get in at least one cup at 5 am just before diving into my work emails.
When I was younger, I wanted to be…
older. I’ve gained more patience since.
I’m inspired by…
my wife. She is a strong person. She bends without breaking, while keeping everything together and holding the family up at the same time. She is incredible.
The one person who motivates me is…
there has been several people that I have met, but the man in the mirror does it most. It has not been easy, but I’ve found that when I took the responsibility for my own motivation, I was able to meet more of my own goals and exceed my own expectations.
The perfect day would be…
an early round of good golf followed by an evening with my wife. She is my best friend. It doesn’t matter what we do, we always have a wonderful time.
My first job was…
caddying at a country club. A group of us from the neighborhood would get up early on Saturdays’ hitch hike out to the Country Club. The job was a good way for an underaged kid to earn some real money for some real unnecessary stuff I’m sure I had to have at the time.
has been an adventure, struggle, and a joy. I’m grateful for it all.
I’m currently working on…
tweaking two already successful companies, Goettl Air Conditioning & Sunny Plumber to the next level in customer experience.
© 2017 Goettl Air Conditioning. All rights reserved.