May 23rd, 2013
At Goettl Good Guys, we like to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with the performance of their air conditioning systems. It gets very hot for a good part of the year here, and you really need to be able to count on your AC to make it through the air conditioning season comfortably. If you have any concerns about the operation of your air conditioner, contact us today. Our Mesa, AZ air conditioning technicians can help you get the outstanding performance that you deserve from your home cooling system. Call the Goettl Good Guys with any concerns you may have.
Whatever problems you may have with your air conditioning system, it is always best to have them resolved as soon as possible. The longer you wait to schedule any necessary air conditioning repair services for your Mesa, AZ home, the more likely it becomes that you are going to need more serious repairs. Keep your eyes and ears open for some common indicators of air conditioning performance problems.
A sudden spike in air conditioning costs is a pretty strong indicator that there is a problem in need of professional repair service. If you have not made any real changes to your air conditioning habits, you should not see any major fluctuations in the cost of cooling your home. Call for professional service right away if you do.
It is important to keep in mind that no problems with your air conditioning system are too minor to take seriously. Never feel that you should not be concerned about any irregularity with your system or its operation. You are right to be concerned about even those problems that may seem most minor, such as unfamiliar noises or odors during operation. Even seemingly inconsequential problems can lead to serious trouble, and it is always best to have them assessed as soon as you can.
If you have any reason to be concerned about your Mesa, AZ air conditioning performance, call Goettl Good Guys today. We can handle any air conditioning repair service that you may need. Your comfort is our top priority, so let us help you keep your home cool throughout the air conditioning season.
May 21st, 2013
Living in Phoenix demands a high-quality air conditioning system in your home. It gets extremely hot, and the heat tends to stick around for a good portion of the year. While investing in a good air conditioning system and scheduling routine air conditioning maintenance can help keep your air conditioner as dependable as possible, you cannot expect your air conditioner to operate without issue indefinitely. There are a number of different things that can go wrong with your air conditioner, and eventually one of them will.
Here is some information about why your AC may be low on refrigerant from the Phoenix air conditioning repair technicians at Goettl Good Guys.
It is important to remember that your air conditioning system does not consume refrigerant. Rather, your AC recycles refrigerant over and over. This means that there are only a few reasons why it should be low on refrigerant. The first, and least problematic, is technician error. It is possible that your refrigerant was not properly charged at the installation of your system. This can be a real problem, as your air conditioner relies on refrigerant in order to cool your home properly. If enough refrigerant was not added at the outset, you may be getting a subpar air conditioning performance without even realizing it.
If you have recently had any work done on your air conditioning system and are noticing problems such as coils freezing up or any other issues that improper refrigerant levels can lead to, it is possible that some refrigerant was lost during service. This is just one of the many reasons why it is so important that a qualified AC technician service your system. There are too many variables to consider when it comes to having your air conditioner serviced.
The other possibility is that you have sprung a refrigerant leak. This is entirely plausible, and not very infrequent. Air conditioning parts are made to last, but not forever. If your AC is underperforming or you have problems with your system icing up, give us a call. We will find the source of any existing refrigerant leaks and will resolve the problem completely.
If you think your refrigerant is low, do not hesitate to schedule service. This can cause serious problems, and environmental harm, if left unaddressed. Contact the Phoenix air conditioning repair technicians at Goettl Good Guys today to learn more.
May 6th, 2013
At Goettl Good Guys, we get a lot of calls for air conditioning repair in Phoenix. Considering how long and hard an air conditioning system in Phoenix, AZ must work for, it is no surprise that occasional AC repair services are needed. We’ve noticed that there are some common air conditioning repair needs that we see time and time again. As a homeowner, we thought that you may benefit from understanding some of the more common air conditioning problems you may encounter. Remember, when you need an air conditioning repair in Phoenix, contact the AC repair technicians at Goettl Good Guys right away. The longer you wait, the greater the risk to the condition of your air conditioner.
A very common problem that homeowners experience with their air conditioning systems is short cycling. This is when the air conditioner turns on and off frequently. As with any case, there are a number of different issues that may lead to this particular problem. One of the most common, though, is an improperly sized system. If your air conditioner is too large, it will cool your home too quickly, causing it to shut off then come back on faster than it should. This reduces the efficiency of your air conditioner, and puts it at an increased risk of damage.
You may also find that your air conditioner is blowing warm air. This could be due to problems with your outdoor unit. If the evaporator coils are obstructed or if there is a refrigerant leak in your system, your air conditioner will not be able to cool air effectively. A professional Phoenix air conditioning repair technician will be able to tell you for sure.
If your air conditioner is very inefficient, you may have damaged air ducts. Air leaks in ductwork are a very common problem in many homes. If you think that your air ducts may be improperly installed or in poor condition, have them inspected as soon as possible.
For more information about common air conditioning problems, call Goettl Good Guys. We have the answers to all your questions. When you need an air conditioning repair in Phoenix, call the goody guys you can count on.
April 30th, 2013
We rely heavily upon our air conditioning systems from spring to fall in Phoenix, AZ. With consistently high temperatures, we need cooling systems that are effective and efficient, so that we can stay comfortable, while making the most of our energy consumption. While professional air conditioning installation is critical to AC performance, routine maintenance is just as important, and can truly make or break your system. Over time, the components of your AC can accumulate significant amounts of dust and debris, and this can severely hamper its operation. In particular, dirty coils can lead to various problems. Pro inspection, cleaning, and tune-ups are necessary to ensure that you get the most out of your AC. For comprehensive Phoenix air conditioning repair, call Goettl Good Guys today!
Let’s take a look at how dirty coils can negatively impact your AC:
- Energy efficiency. Your coils circulate a chemically designed refrigerant, whose phase-changes, and fluctuations of pressure and temperature. In order to cool your home, and move the heat drawn from the indoors to the outdoors efficiently, the coils have to be free of dust and any other debris. If they become dirty, they cannot not disperse or absorb thermal energy effectively and this throws off the entire system.
- Performance. During the long hot summer, you need your AC to perform effectively. You expect it to cool your home without too much strain being put on the system. It was, after all, designed with that purpose in mind. But if your coils are dirty, then the heat transfer and cooling will not be as effective. The barrier of dust and debris on your evaporator coil will create an obstacle for cooling.
- Longevity. Dust and other debris kill air conditioning units. Without professional maintenance, your AC will simply not be able to live up to its projected service life. Unless you want to replace your AC prematurely, you would do well to keep your AC as clean as possibly. Professional routine maintenance, as well as taking care of any necessary air conditioning repairs along the way, is the easiest way to do that.
For comprehensive Phoenix AZ air conditioning repair, call Goettl Good Guys today!
April 23rd, 2013
With summer fast approaching, we have energy efficiency on the mind. After all, our electrical energy bill during the summer is normally high, compared to the rest of the year, and we want to make sure that our AC system uses energy efficiently. One question we often hear from customers concerns cooling efficiency. The key to cooling efficiency begins with professional installation and routine maintenance. We’d like to share with you some basic efficiency tips that you may find useful. For more information, or to schedule a Phoenix, AZ air conditioning service, call Goettl Good Guys today!
- Schedule an air conditioning tune-up. Your Phoenix AC endures a lot of wear and tear. Considering all the use that it gets, it’s no wonder that it may at times need professional service. An air conditioning tune-up is a great way to care for your AC and to make it a more efficient cooling machine. During the tune-up process, a certified expert will inspect the coolant and pressure levels, calibrate the thermostat, clean the evaporator and condenser coils, clear the condensate drain, and check the overall energy efficiency levels. By working with a professional Phoenix air conditioning technician, you’ll know how to best approach your cooling efficiency this summer.
- Regularly change your air filter. A dirty or clogged air filter restricts cool airflow and causes your AC to work harder. It is therefore vital that you change your air filter at least once a month during the summer. Failure to do so might result in much more than inefficiency; your compressor could overheat, or your evaporator coil could freeze over.
- Take care of your ducts. If you have a forced-air distribution system, then you know how important the integrity and cleanliness of your ducts are to your home’s energy efficiency. By having them regularly inspected, cleaned, and sealed when necessary, you can insure against unwanted energy loss.
We hope this shortlist helps you cool your home efficiently this summer. For Phoenix air conditioning services, call Goettl Good Guys today!
April 15th, 2013
Yes, you should! Insulating ductwork is a great way to improve AC efficiency. If you have a forced-air distribution system, then you rely heavily on your ductwork to provide cooled air throughout your living space. Your energy efficiency, system performance, and indoor air quality all depend upon the integrity of your ducts. If your ducts are cleaned and sealed, then you may also want to pursue duct insulation to boost the effectiveness and efficiency of your AC this summer. While you may be familiar with your home insulation, we’d like to use this post to inform you about how duct insulation works, and why it’s important. For more information, or to schedule a Phoenix insulation service, call Goettl Good Guys today!
- What it is. Duct insulation is typically made out of fiberglass, and it comes in the form of a blanket wrap. Flexible ducts may already have insulation built-in, so check with your local contractor about whether it would make sense to replace some or all of your ductwork with this pre-insulated material. All insulation has an R-value that determines its thermal resistance. Consult with a pro about which R-value is right for your home and your budget.
- How it works. Because your ductwork often runs through uninsulated and unconditioned spaces of your home, such as attics and crawlspaces, insulating your ducts makes a lot of sense. Duct material is often thin and thermally ineffectual-it does not do a good job of keeping your cool air inside its confines. A professional technician will securely wrap your ducts in blanket wrap, ensuring that the R-value matches the insulation needs of your home.
- Benefits. Faulty or non-existent duct insulation can make for warm room temperatures, hot spots, and increased wear and tear on the system. All of these symptoms cause energy inefficiency, so that you’ll be paying more money to cool your home without duct insulation. Phoenix residents know how hot summer can be, so duct insulation is a great, cost-effective way to reduce your energy consumption this cooling season.
For more information about how insulation can improve the energy efficiency of your air conditioning in Phoenix this cooling season, contact Goettl Good Guys today!
April 8th, 2013
There’s never been a better time to be in the market for a replacement air conditioner. Today, there are an unprecedented number of options available, and many models today boast efficiency ratings that far exceed those of units produced just a few years ago. For homeowners concerned about both comfort and performance, replacing your air conditioner is a great time to make the right choice. Consult with your local professional in order to weigh your options, and to find an air conditioner that fits your home and your budget. For Phoenix air conditioning service, call Goettl Good Guys today!
- High SEER rating. Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (aka SEER) is the industry standard for determining how efficient air conditioning systems are. It measures the amount of electrical input against cooling output. More and more this standard is becoming important to customers looking to maximize their cooling performance and reduce their use of energy. Look for a high SEER rating when selecting your new replacement air conditioner.
- Ductless. If you are particularly sensitive to airborne allergens, or want a change from your previous central air system, ductless mini split air conditioning systems are innovative, highly efficient systems designed to cool your home without the use of extensive ductwork. They use a standard outdoor unit containing the compressor/condenser, but instead of a large air handler hooked up to ducts, the air handlers are sleek and compact units that sit directly in the home, often sitting high on the wall, or recessed in the ceiling. They connect to the outdoor unit by compact refrigerant lines.
- Zone control. Zone control divides your home into cooled air zones in order to offer an unprecedented amount of temperature control over your home. If you opt for a ductless mini split system, then you can install several indoor air handlers per outdoor unit and control these individually by thermostats. However, even if you opt for a central air system, then you can choose to install a zone control system, which uses electronically controlled dampers within your ductwork to control the airflow. These can also be assigned thermostats to customize your indoor climate.
For more information about what air conditioning systems are available for your home, contact the Phoenix air conditioning replacement specialists at Goettl Good Guys today!
March 25th, 2013
The ducts in your home carry all of the cooled air from your AC into your home. When you stop to think about that it makes sense why maintaining your ducts might be a good idea. Contact the Phoenix air conditioning experts at Goettl Good Guys for all your duct cleaning and duct maintenance. Here are a few of the reasons why getting your ducts maintained on a regular basis is probably a good idea.
Increase Air Conditioning Efficiency
We’re all looking for ways to reduce the amount of energy that we use to cool our homes. Especially here in Arizona, making sure that our AC systems are working efficiently is a huge priority for many homeowners. Over time, your ducts can start to develop issues and problems including cracks, leaks, unnecessary bends and kinks. All of these things can greatly reduce the efficiency of your home’s AC system. Contact the Phoenix, AZ air conditioning experts for all your duct maintenance. Finding those holes and sealing them up can offer huge efficiency increases and could reduce the amount of energy that you use to cool your home.
Why Indoor Air Quality Matters
The EPA estimates that poor indoor air quality is one of the top 5 leading threats to respiratory health. Because of that, making sure that your ducts are working well can go a long way to improving the quality of air in your home. When you call the Phoenix, AZ air conditioning technicians at Goettl for duct maintenance, we will make sure that there aren’t any holes in your ductwork where outside contaminants could get in. This could help reduce the amount of dust, bacteria, mold and fungi that can get into your ductwork. It could also keep insects and rodents from climbing into your ducts.
Longer Duct Life
We often see ducts that have never been maintained and, because of that, need to be replaced. When you have the Phoenix, AZ air conditioning professionals from Goettl regularly inspecting your ducts we’ll be able to find small problems and fix them before they cause bigger issues.
Call the Phoenix, AZ air conditioning specialists at Goettl Good Guys to set up a time for our experts to visit your home and perform a thorough duct maintenance inspection. Contact Goettl Good Guys today if you are in need of duct cleaning service in Phoenix, AZ.
March 11th, 2013
Summer is not too far away here in Phoenix, Arizona, so the need for heating may end before you know it. While routine maintenance is important throughout the year, there are some important maintenance tasks that should be done before you switch your heat pump from heat to AC. In this week’s blog post, the Phoenix, AZ air conditioning specialists at Goettl Good Guys have provided you with some of these important tasks so that you can make sure your air conditioner is up to the task when the weather gets hot. Feel free to call us if you have further questions or would like to schedule a service.
Schedule Your Annual Tune-Up
This is perhaps the most important task you can do before switching your heating and AC system from heating mode to cooling mode. Our technicians will help to ensure that your system is working efficiently and that there are no hidden issues. We can also help you by showing you other things you can do to help maintain your system throughout the summer. If you have any concerns or questions about how to properly operate or maintain your system, be sure to ask one of our technicians during the tune-up.
Change Air Filters
While you may have been doing this throughout the winter, it is equally important to make sure your air filters are changed or cleaned before you turn on your AC unit. This helps ensure that there’s enough airflow in the system and keeps it running efficiently. It also helps keep dirt and debris out of the major components and the ductwork. Excessively dirty filters could indicate another hidden problem, so be sure to call a technician if your filters are dirtier than normal.
At Goettl Good Guys, we are here to help you with all your Phoenix air conditioning needs!
March 8th, 2013
Homeowners in Phoenix are always looking for ways to improve the efficiency of their AC systems. Because of the high temperatures and long summer, the energy costs of running your air conditioning all summer long can be high. But while we cannot control how much our energy costs, we can control how that energy is used. Efficiency measures the amount of cooling output compared to the amount of energy input. There are many factors involved in the overall efficiency of your cooling system, but there are several considerations to keep in mind. In this post, we’d like to give you some tips on how to improve your AC efficiency. For Phoenix air conditioning service, call Goettl Good Guys Air Conditioning today!
- Clean or replace your air filter. Your air filter is not only about indoor air quality, but also about energy efficiency. A dirty and clogged air filter will begin to impede the amount of cool air that can pass through and into your ductwork. If you have a forced air system, cleaning or replacing your air filter on a regular basis can often provide a periodic boost to your AC system. It’s a cost-effective solution.
- Schedule an air conditioning tune-up. This by far the best way to improve the efficiency of your AC system. The majority of inspection, cleaning, and tune-ups need to be performed by a Phoenix air conditioning professional. While your AC system is durable, it also relies on a complex balance of components working cooperatively. If one of these is out of sync, then this can cause efficiency problems. A comprehensive tune-up will check the levels and pressure of your refrigerant, calibrate your thermostat, and inspect and clean any of the components.
- Upgrade. If you’re tired of paying for frequent repairs on an old and obsolete AC, consider upgrading to a new system. Ductless mini splits, duel fuel AC systems and aqua chill installations are all great options for those homeowners keeping an eye on their energy bills.
Your AC system goes through a lot of stress and strain during the long cooling season in Phoenix, AZ. For professional air conditioning services in Phoenix, call Goettl Good Guys Air Conditioning today!